Saturday 8 November 2014

Garage Magazine

I've decided that I'm going to start reading a different fashion magazine every week or so that I have never read before in order to broaden my knowledge and see what other magazines have to offer other than the standard weekly 'ELLE' or VOGUE magazine. I recently stumbled across Garage magazine, my initial thought was 'this is one of the biggest magazines I have ever seen!' with it's 13x10" dimensions. This unusual magazine size and the high gloss fuchsia wax work looking model on the front wearing bunny ears grabbed my attention as it was both unusual and entirely unique to any magazine I had seen before. I decided to look no further and just buy the magazine, and I am very glad I did!

Garage itself is made up of mostly designer campaigns and advertisements with some cultural insights and sculptures aswell as amusing stories within it. Every single page is entirely unique and you are left wondering what is going to be following on from the previous pages. The texture of the pages vary from what the contents of the page are; fashion campaigns and advertisements are generally on silky smooth high gloss paper where the more informative pages are set within a matte white layout.

Despite initially thinking that the magazine was slightly too pricey at £8.50, when reading the actual content of the magazine and realising that their are only 4 issues of the magazine per year, it didn't take long to realise that the magazine itself was actually quite a bargain!! I would definitely recommend this magazine to anyone who is interested in fashion and culture and would like to find out about these areas in a fun and exciting way!

No comments:

Post a Comment