Tuesday 30 December 2014

The Seflie Stick

Selfie sticks, or monpods, pictured, work by holding the camera in landscape mode, with the screen facing the photographer. Buttons on the handle of the stick are used to control the device2014 seems to have been the year of the 'selfie stick'; An object to which allows the vain to capture photographs of themselves from all angles. At first I didn't understand what the craze was all about, I felt that the whole idea of having an extendable 'stick' to attach your phone onto seemed a bit strange, however having received one from my sister as a Christmas present I can safely say I am now obsessed...



The monopod works based on blue tooth so you connect your phone to the mini handheld controller which is used to take the photograph or video. Before having my own selfie stick I felt it was all a bit vain and for the people who were completely self absorbed, yet having used one myself I actually feel that it almost brings people together..everyone gets involved and it's almost like a game to see how many people you can fit into one selfie! I can safely say I am a reformed selfie stick lover and would say its a perfect present for people of all ages, it brings everyone together for a bit of fun whilst allowing you to capture a moment with all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment