Wednesday 10 December 2014

Image manipulation



























I have been experimenting with how I can manipulate an image to fit in with my colour theme without changing the content too much. With this particular image I wanted to focus on taking the colour from a blunt cold colour palette to a warmer and more sensual colour palette. Firstly, I selected the colour grabbing tool and chose to highlight the creased section of the under shorts, this therefore allowed me to be able to pick up on this colour and make it a focal point throughout the rest of the image to give the underwear a more rose gold feel rather than the soft pink.


Following on from this I then chose to slightly blur the image in order to give it more movement. I used the blur tool and created a circumference around the main centre of the image to slightly blur the edges of the image without loosing too much focus.

Finally, I used my main colour selection (the rose gold) in order to create an over lay effect on my image to give it a warmer tone all over rather than having the rose gold underwear against a dull grey background.

Overall I am pleased with the outcome of my image as I feel it fits in better with my colour palette theme without being too obviously edited. I also like how the image now appears to have more motion to it where before I felt it was a bit too static.

No comments:

Post a Comment