Monday 1 December 2014

Pink Faux fur- glamorous or tacky?

This Autumn/Winter faux fur has been all over the catwalk and highstreet, whether it be in jackets, hand bags, shoes, scarfs, gloves or even phone cases! We've all seen black, brown, beige, cream or grey coloured fur before..but recently there seems to be a sudden trend for pink faux fur..its everywhere! Whether it be pastel or crimson pink, there seems to be a product of every shade. No matter how popular it seems to be with designers, I can't help but feel that it is somewhat tacky...to me, wearing a baby pink oversized faux fur coat takes me back to my childhood, when I wanted everything in my possession to be pink and would not settle for anything less..which I am pretty sure every girl has experienced this obsession at one point or another! It all just screams 'Legally Blonde' to me! Yes I agree that some of the more subtle pink products are not too bad, such as the dusty fur pink clutch bags that are being sold in most leading high street store chains such as ASOS, Zara, Topshop and Whistles. However despite this, I can't help but feel that the hot pink crop jackets that resemble that of a muppet or a care bear are maybe a bit too much..


No comments:

Post a Comment