Wednesday 17 December 2014

Image manipulation using Photoshop

In the process of creating my two moodboards I used both Pixlr (for the more subtle editing) and Photoshop (for the more complex editing). Using Photoshop allowed me to explore more within the manipulation of images and how far you can stretch them to become an entirely new image. 

Literally the only 3 colors in my closet

For this particular image I knew I wanted to somehow merge the 3 colours (black, grey and white) together as I felt they shared the same tonal range that would make for an interesting monochrome mix.

To edit the image I used 2 main tools within Photoshop. To blur and merge the three colours together I selected 'filter' and then' Liquify'. I then used the liquify tool to drag the areas of the image that I wanted to blur and merge together and dragged them to the edge of image one part at a time. 

Following this I then created a new path and used the 'Pen tool' to trace the outline of the image, then by using the paint brush tool I created a border around the image which followed the outline that I drew with the pen tool and coloured it as selected. I repeated these steps 3 times in order to get the 3 borders surrounding the image. I used the pipette tool to ensure that the colour of the outline of the image would be a precise match to the 3 colours of t-shirt shown.



Overall, I am really pleased with the outcome of my image as I feel it represents my colour theme well with its graphic and sculptural shapes as well as the refreshingly unique twist on a classic image of 3 t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment