Thursday 18 December 2014

Colour Trend mood board adaptations

When creating my colour trend mood board titled 'In the nude..' I created many different versions to which I varied each time in order to get a layout and style that I was happy with for my final version. Here is the journey that I followed before I decided on my final mood board...

With my first attempt at my mood board I knew that I wanted to follow the grid compositional style to which would have a slim white border around the edge as well as around each image within the moodboard. My reasoning for choosing this particular style was because I felt it best fitted in with the simplicity of my colour trend made up of a nude and neutral colour palette and was not too overpowering to look at.

Secondly I started adding text, originally I chose Arial Regular as my font as I felt it would reflect best the Celine logo to which was the brand for my brand interpretation mood board. However after adding the text I realised that it did not work with the aura of my mood board.



Following on from this I then adapted some of the images within the mood board by removing and adding in new images whilst trying to figure out which images I felt best represented my colour trend. I also altered the sizes of images to see whether I felt it worked best with fewer or more images.



After deciding on the final collection of images that I wanted to use in my moodboard, I played around with the spacing between the images and tried to work out the best composition of each image before adding the final details.


 Finally, I added in the text that I wanted my moodboard to include, I decided to not over cram the mood board with too many words and allow it to tell my colour trend story through the images themselves.

Overall I am very pleased with the outcome of my final Colour trend mood board for 'In the nude...' as I feel it represents my colour theme really well with its use of a soft and lustrous colour palette yet with the use of the graphic editing of the images it helps to add a modern and more interesting aura.

No comments:

Post a Comment