Tuesday 2 December 2014

Object of Desire - The final image





























The idea behind my object of desire photo was the idea of bringing the high end designer world back down to earth. I used the imprint of the bag to represent the higher class consumer and the flour to represent the lower classed consumer. The idea of entwining the two together presented the idea of how we establish the two classes from one another; the imprint of the bag (higher class) presents the idea of perfection, every part of the bag, even the creases within the leather can be seen in perfect detail..this presenting the idea of the higher class lifestyle being desirable and perfection. Yet by contrasting it with the crumbling flour surrounding the imprint (lower class) it reflects the idea that the lower class are seen as imperfect and unstable-the two being together therefore were used to present the idea of a class divide.

I decided on this particular image to be my final image as I felt that out of all of the photographs that I took this one had the most texture. I like the way in which the texture of the leather from the bag, the zip and logo are the most prominent features and almost create an illusion for the person looking at the image as the bag has a 3D effect to which makes it look like it is an actual bag. The way in which the flour is crumbling around the imprint of the bag creates a contrast against the soft flour which forms the imprinted bag, I feel like this adds a really nice effect and makes the image more interesting to look at.

I am really pleased with the final outcome for my objects of desire image as I feel it is presented in exactly the way that I had anticipated when planning the idea.

#FCPreflection

No comments:

Post a Comment