Wednesday 15 October 2014

Colour Palette Strip

Following on from the colour palette post that can be seen in my previous below, we have been working towards the final finished mood board for our piece. This week we have been learning how to use the basics of Photoshop. On Tuesday we were asked to complete a colour palette strip for our particular chosen colour theme. The strip had to be dissected into 3 different sections;
1. Essence- defining and refining colours depending on theme.

2. Sequence- Order of colours and how you want them to run. Aswell as sequencing them in their tonal ranges; either being dark to light, or light to dark.

3. Priority- decide which are the most dominant colours and order them in a way that reflects this through portion and percentage of the chart.

I chose to use 5 colours within my colour palette strip- a pale skin tone pink, an off white cream, a light mushroom brown, a soft teal/ lilac grey and a pale pastel purple.


I arranged the colours to be in the dark to light tonal range. This is shown in a rough example below.


Although I feel that the colours in the strip reflect my mood board well, I think I need to work on toning down each colour to make it fit in better with my colour theme, and also perhaps rearrange the colours within the strip to see if I can make the tonal range flow better throughout. Therefore I am going to continue developing the colour strip shown and see how I can move it forward to a standard that I feel truly reflects my mood board.

No comments:

Post a Comment