Sunday 8 February 2015

Pop Art: The Movement


For part of our reading week task, we were asked to create a moodboard to which reflected a certain fashion era or movement. I decided to focus on Pop Art, The Movement as I love the vibrancy of the popping primary colours and how they clash against one another. In order to create my moodboard I collated images from online sources to which I felt best represented Pop Art in my eyes.

The magazine caricatures add a fun and playfulness to the moodboard where in contrast, the Marilyn Monroe collage adds a sense of history of one of the fashion industries most influential women. The red lips concede the 'rock and roll' era of the pop art movement and show how it was a fashion movement that was all about stepping out of the box and portraying the idea that the wackier and more out there you were, the better.

Overall, I am pleased with the moodboard as I feel that it truly represents what the Pop Art movement stands for with its overpoweringly busy aura and bold colour palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment