Wednesday 18 February 2015

Celebrity fragrance endorsements


Alicia Keys for Givenchy

Singer/Songwriter Alicia Keys as the face of Givenchy's Dahlia Divin womens fragrance? Do I think it was a good choice? Not so much..

As much as I enjoyed Alicia Keys music back in my teenage years, I'm not overly enthusiastic about Givenchy's decision to use her as the face of this fragrance. It all seems very random and badly thought out to me. The fragrance promotes itself to be classy, sophisticated and somewhat royal...not words that immediately spring to mind when thinking of the R&B sensation that is Alicia Keys.

As beautiful as she looks in the campaign, I can't help but feel that Givenchy are giving mixed signals as to which consumer they are targeting the fragrance at. The style of the campaign, the bottling and fragrance itself present the idea that the fragrance is aimed towards the slightly older woman with its simplistic and traditional looking presentation. Yet Alicia Keys is an artist who I believe most older women probably haven't even heard of..(I know my mum definitely hasn't!). Leaving me thinking that perhaps a more traditional face would have been  a better choice..

No comments:

Post a Comment