Tuesday 6 October 2015

Autumn/Winter 2015/16 Trend Booklet

As another part of our Summer brief, we were asked to create a trend booklet for 2 trends that we felt had the potential to be big trends within the Autumn/Winter seasons for 2015 and 2016.

I decided that my first trend would be called 'Back to School' this was due to the amount of trends that I had seen based around clothing that showed a resemblance to that of school uniform styles. I choose to look in particularly at The pleated skirt and The pussybow blouse as my two subcategories within this trend, as I had read a lot about how they were coming back into fashion.

For my second trend, I based it around 'The Sixties', I decided on this as I had seen a lot about the seventies and eighties fashion making a comeback but I also noticed a return of Sixties inspired clothing. After doing some research, my trend prediction proved to be correct as I saw that Guy Ritchie's remake of 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E', had affirmed a comeback for the sixties within the fashion industry. As my two subcategories I looked into the new form of sixties style in general and then sixties inspired accessories that I had seen a lot of.

We then we were asked to take one of the two trends and show how it had been represented within the media. I decided to take the 60's trend further as I felt that it would not be as well known as a trend and therefore had a lot more depth about it, as it has come about following on from a new film release.

You can have a look at my trend booklet by clicking on the link below for my ISSUU...
http://issuu.com/harrinicholls/docs/aw_201516_trend_booklet._spreads

No comments:

Post a Comment